U.S. Army Career Center Manhattan

• Admin

Name: U.S. Army Career Center Manhattan
    Address: 83 Chambers St, New York, NY 10007
    Phone: (212) 233-5770

I finally enlisted yesterday. I am so thankful for being able to join the army this year. All my thanks go to the staffs at U.S. Army Career Center Manhattan, especially SSG abreu-papo Fernando. The Manhattan recruiters were very professional and friendly. No matter who you are and where you are from, they will help you and give you all the information you need. SSG abreu-papo Fernando processed my application. He was very helpful and responsive on every call and question. He was alway there to help me every step on the way. For MAVNI applicants, he is amazing. He processed a lot of MAVNI applicants so he is very knowledgeable about MAVNI program. Even with a vision wavier, I was able to join in 2 months. I really appreciate his hard work and his team work.

For those who are worried about MAVNI program being closed, try as much as you can. You will never know that you will get in as the last person. Don't lose hope. Good Luck to all of you!

• Congratulation !! are you still gonna post more details about your journey ? :)
    I just passed my OPI but I do have some problem with my vision too and I have to go back to MEPS.
    the paper says : request for orthopedic consultation, mapping, dilated .... do you know what the process for this ?
    Also, what MOSs did you get to choose from ?

• Admin

@Spawno Yes, I am going to post more details about my journey.

I heard yesterday that MAVNI program is officially closed. :sob: I am sorry that you did not make it. You must be disappointed a lot... I don't know how to encourage you because it is such a shocking news. I understand how It could impact life's decisions significantly. But keep your head up. There will be other opportunities. Stay strong!

Just for future reference, you will have a eye counsel and the doctor submits a waiver with your results. Then they decided whether to approve your wavier or not. That could take 2 weeks to months. Once the waiver is approved, you are good to go. You go to the MEPs and enlist.

When signing my contract, I had only two MOSs available for me. One was located far from where I live. So I had to choose 12K, which is plumber. Since I am an engineer, I think I will enjoy fixing and building pipes.

I wish you best of luck.

Looks like your connection to MAVNI Center was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.