Milconnect - For your military benefits

• Admin

Milconnect

Milconnect is a website where you can manage your personal data and benefits from military.

After signing in, you can do the followings in Milconnect:

• Update personal information
    • Check health care coverage
    • Transfer education benefits
    • Retrieve correspondence.

You can sign up/register for your DoD Self-Service (DS) Logon by clicking the sign-up button on the right side.

Registration

In order to register your DS Logon, you need one of the followings:

1. A Common Access Card (CAC) with an accessible card reader.
    2. A Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) myPay account.
    3. None of the above conditions apply, however at least one of the following conditions is true:
    • I am a Veteran
    • I am a Dependent of a Veteran
    • I am a Survivor of a Veteran
    • I am registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)DEERS is a master data repository containing the identities of individuals currently or previously affiliated with the Department of Defense.

How I created my DS Logon(Mac User)

First, I did not have a DFAS myPay account. Creating my DS Logon with DFAS myPay account(Second option) was not my option.

I could sign up with my CAC military card. However, I did not have the CAC card reader. Without the card reader, you cannot sign up for your DS Logon. So I decided to buy a CAC card reader. You don't have to buy one. You can go to your army office and create your DS Logon because they all have a CAC card reader. I just didn't want to bother them with this. Also, I didn't have time to visit them.

I had to buy a MAC friendly CAC card reader because I have a Macbook. The one I bought is Saicoo® DOD Military USB Common Access CAC Smart Card Reader. This card reader is compatible with MAC OS. It worked for me. For PC users, I cannot recommend a good card reader. You should find a compatible CAC card reader for your computer.

Setting up a CAC card reader

1. Install the card reader driver
    2. Visit https://militarycac.com/ and follow the steps to enable your card reader. The steps are different for your OS.
    3. Go to Milconnect and sign up your DS Logon.

When you are done with setting up your DS Logon, you can apply for your health benefits, update your personal information and etc. Leave a comment if you have any question. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to MAVNI Center was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.