I really appreciate your responses. Thank you very much again.
Posts made by neh
RE: Physical requirements for enlistment
Thank you so much for the detailed responses. That really helps.
Just to follow-up on the first point, it looks like it'll take months before one finally makes it to enlistment. So, at what step is my slot getting locked? In other words, since there is a cap on the slots (1200 or something), what happens if someone else gets through the stages faster than I? Is my slot locked with the first step or after finally swearing in? I just don't want to be told at the last stage that my slot has been taken. Since there will be hundreds of folks in line, I just wanted to understand how the process works so the persons that gets with the recruiter first should be given the go-ahead and not the one who just goes through quickly.
Thank you again in advance!
Physical requirements for enlistment
I understand mavni is currently closed but I was looking for answers to the following questions so I can prepare accordingly. Anyone who has gone through the mavni process, please answer so others can be benefited.
Since mavni process is slightly different than how a normal US citizen would enlist, how long does the whole enlistment process take i.e. from very first step of reaching out to the recruiter to finally swearing in? It would be great if this can be answered in terms of timeline i.e. step1 with time it takes..step 2 andso on.
Are there any physique requirements i.e. would they measure body fat%, waist inches etc? Or simply body weight will do? I am just at the max weight threshold and was wondering if they let me in if i am just about the max allowed weight?
What are the exercises one is tested with in the physical? I will try to improve in them so I can qualify.
Based on your experience with mavni program since it's inception, when do you think there's a chance for it to open? Fy17 or 18? There was a news from fox that trump too supports mavni so does it mean there are high chances for it to open anytime soon?
Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to your responses.
RE: Medical disqualifications for MAVNI
@mavniman thank you so much for the promt reply. I am now relieved a little bit :)
As for the LASIK, it was not performed in US but I do have the documents. I'll discuss with the recruiter anyway.
On a diff note, with the SEVP latest memo, I hope the new security protocol comes in place quickly and that MAVNI reopens for fy-17.
Thanks again for all the help!
Medical disqualifications for MAVNI
First of all, thanks so much for the awesome forum. It really helps alot. Secondly, I understand that mavni 2017 has not opened yet but I am optimistic that it'll reopen for FY-17. I have the following questions and would really appreciate if anyone could answer those. I know MEPS would be the only one to decide but any inputs/thoughts would be really appreciated.
- I have had my lasik eye surgery done 5 years ago. I did my research and found that except 3-4 MOS, the other branches do not have issues with it. I dont have any complications at all with my eyes but I'm wondering if this would be an issue? In fact I've heard army encourages and pays for the soldiers to go for lasik.
- Do I need a waiver for a violation i.e. "unknowingly furnished alcohol to a minor"? Some years ago, I was charged with this violation when I, by mistake, served alcohol to a minor but the case was dismissed as it was a first offence and no arrests were made. I simply got a ticket and later I even expunged it. I read that people with some higher offenses need waivers and mine looks pretty small. Do I need to disclose this with it being expunged? If yes, would this affect my eligibility to join mavni?
- I have a deviated septum but that does not interfere with my daily life at all. I have read 50-401, it says deviated septum for flying duty is disqualifying. Does that mean its ok for other mos's? I do not want to fix it as it doesn't give me any problems at all. Would this be a roadblock?
- Would they pull all the medical records? I mean if I had checkups/tests done at any clinic, would they know about it? How about the lasik that was done outside of US?
- There are hundreds of medical disqualifications, how can MEPS test a person for all of those? Does it mean if I don't disclose it to them, they wouldn't know at all?(not saying I was going to but just curious).
I would be reallly greatful if you can help me with these questions. I just want to jump on quickly as and when mavni reopens so just making sure I am all eligible. Thank you.